Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring break

Well it's been spring break here this week and we have all had the flu. Each one of us took turns with the stomach flu .. it's been real fun NOT! LOL Thank goodness we are all on the mend.
We are taking the kids to the Zoo tomorrow for a little get a way. It's a free Zoo down in Madison. Maybe I should stop in at the 2peas headquarters to say hey!! LOL

I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who voted for me through the MM Idol contest. I was sad to go, but it really was a blessing in disguise after the week we've had. I have met some really amazing women and we formed a yahoo group that I hope even after the contest is done will still continue. There really is some awesomely talented ladies in this contest and I can't wait to see who will win this. I of course have my opinion who I think will win but then again you just never know....

Here is an email I received earlier this week and I just wanted to share, I know I get caught up in the cup sometimes and this is just a great reminder that life is so much more than the pretty cup we drink from !!

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said: "If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.

Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups... And then you began eyeing each other's cups.

Now consider this: Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of life we live.

Sometimes by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee God has provided us. God brews the coffee, not the cups..........
Enjoy your coffee!



"The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have."

God Bless!

9 comments:

.jessica jo. said...

sorry about MMIdol :( Loved all your stuff!!! I love that emailed you shared....awesome. BTW...I am feeling pretty good...the end of week #7 did it....it made me normal again! LOL Okay, not normal....but somewhat healthy! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved your project...I loved the idea of a topiary. Sorry you didn't get to the next round. It was hard to go but a blessing in disguise for me as well as I would have had only a day and a half to complete the project...Yes the MM yahoo group has been fun. I've mostly been a lurker lately!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't make it through to the next round!!!! What the? I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately but we've been away in Singapore and only got back a few days ago. I am so loving all of your LO's that you have posted in the last few posts. You are a truly phenomenal scrapper.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is so true about the coffee!!! We all tend to want the best hey and forget the bigger picture?

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Sorry you didn't get to the next round. Love that e-mail, thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to see you didn't make it to the next round.However,I'm
always VERY proud of what you have accomplished....Your Dad

Anonymous said...

hiya babe... firstly thanks so much for the emailed 'stuff' :) I'll keep you posted.

Re: your 'post' that is so true, I must remember that ... Hope you have a great week hun :)

~Holly~ said...

Sorry about MM Idol Becky--you did WONDERFUL!
Thanks for sharing the email :)

La- said...

Hey girlie- glad you are all on the mend. I am so sorry you didn't make it further in MMIDOL. Your work rocks.

Great email too! So true!

La-