Thursday, September 06, 2007

A much needed reminder

You know, it's so easy to get sucked up into thinking about what we don't have ..especially when you live on a single income.. but this made me stop in my tracks and really think about what's important and how I am really rich... maybe not in money but in family and friends and my online friends. We have a beautiful house that I am sure someone would die to have, so I shouldn't complain that our carpet and kitchen needs replacing.... we have a beautiful view and great neighbors. My husband comes home to me every night and is the greatest man alive and I am more in love with him now then the day I married him...that's really saying something after 8 years of marriage. I have a very blessed life and I am so very thankful to my Lord for all I have!
Hopefully this will make you take a closer look today at how blessed you are in your life! Let's get into a different mind set and a heart full of thanksgiving.

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the
country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be
considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the
trip?"

"It was great, Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah," said the son.

"So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a
pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that
has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the
stars at night.
Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We
have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond
our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy
our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to
protect us, they have friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.

Then his son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are."

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if
we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what
we don't have.

Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends!

Pass this on to friends and acquaintances and help them refresh their
perspective and appreciation.

"Life is too short and friends are too few."

God Bless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky thanks so much for posting this . . . something I totally needed right now.

Theresa Tyree said...

Wow! So true! I know that I'm wonderfully blessed and am so thankful!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that. I know sometimes I feel overwhelmed with life - but I just need to look around me at all my blessings from above!
justlisa

Anonymous said...

I need to remind myself too!! Thanks for posting it!!

~Holly~ said...

Thanks for that Becky, I needed that! Brought me to tears!

Dayami said...

Becky,

I know exactly what you mean. I am constantly thanking God about everything that he has given me and not given me cause He knows best. Love that you feel this way and see the real blessings in our lives.
Love you,
Dayami