Monday, October 01, 2007

The grass is always greener

Oh yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side... was I really the one complaining about being a stay at home mom ? Did I really say I WANTED to get a job ???? What the hell is wrong with me ? I must say being a sahm is much more fun when your kids are at school. I like being a stay at home scrapbooker much better LOL
So this is week 2 of my Land's End gig. I like it... but it's soooooooooooooooo much info for like 4 full weeks of work. I am so very glad this isn't a permanent thing, working full time that is, not working for LE. They are awesome.
Being a full time working mom includes a lot of guilt I tell ya, the whining seems worse than ever. The sassy mouths seem to be out of control and the big tears flow like a river around here because I can't "walk" them into their classroom and hang around until it's time to kick the moms out. No I am now the drive by mom... barely stop... yell at them to grab their pack backs and get out get out get out !!!!!!!!!!
I drink more coffee than humanly possible without getting caffeine poisoning and feel like I have ZERO time. The worst part of all, I have to clean on Saturday's... well if you can call it cleaning. Laundry is swallowing up my basement like a dirty smelly monster and if I step on one more lego, Polly Pocket or car I think I will scream! So with that being said I am looking forward to my first paycheck Thursday, the reward is NOT worth the hassle. I need to get a job with something to do with scrapbooking, my one true love and passion.
Lesson learned ... the grass is NOT always greener !!!!!!!!!!! I miss being a stay at home mom!

2 comments:

~Holly~ said...

((Hugs)) Becky!! It sounds sooo hard and makes me want to continue my SAHM gig :)

.jessica jo. said...

glad your job is going well! its hard for all kids who have parents that work. hang in there!