Sunday, December 02, 2007

25 Days of Recipes- Day 2

Good morning everyone !!!
We had quite the little snow storm yesterday ! The kid's are going to have such a blast today playing around and sledding. It was a fluffy snow yesterday but it turned warmer and now the snow looks more wet, so the kid's should be able to make a snowman !!

Here's today's recipe :

Christmas Wreaths
32 marshmallows
2 tsp. Green food coloring
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Almond extract
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 cups corn flakes
Red cinnamon candies or diced red cherries
Heat first 5 ingredients until melted. Add corn flakes. Shape into wreaths on waxed paper with buttered hands.
Top each with a few red cinnamon candies or cherries.
Hint: If you want a lot of these, don't double it. Make separate batches. You have to work quickly before they harden. One batch is plenty to handle at a time.

These are seriously the yummiest most buttery treats, one of my favs at Christmas! This recipe actually comes from my step-mom. Thanks Jo!

God Bless!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Yummo - I am so glad you posted this recipe. A friend brought some of these over to me at Christmas a couple of years ago, and they were so delish! She kept forgetting to give me the recipe, and now I don't have to hound her any more!

Gina said...

Becky - just letting you know that I made your delish wreaths. Sadly (and embarrassingly) there are only 2 left!! I will definitely be making more batches! They are awesome!

Here's a link to the post on my blog:

http://ramblingsofafrazzledmom.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmassy-weekend.html

Jen Sue Wild said...

I will have too try these.. They look so yummy...

Gabrielle said...

These sound fun! Gonna try these too!